Sunday, February 7, 2010

GOD CAME NEAR 002: QUESTIONS FOR MARY

In his Book, God Came Near, Max Lucado listed 25 questions he would love to ask the woman who bore our Saviour and took care of Him while He was on earth. All the questions were things that have been on my mind or questions I will also love to hear Mary or Jesus Himself answer. Below are some of the questions I really liked.
How did He respond when He saw other kids giggling during the service at the synagogue? This is something I will like to know. Sometimes we tend to do unnecessary things during service but are we supposed to act unruly? I mean it is God’s house, right?
Did you ever feel awkward teaching Him how He created the world? I can just imagine. I just hope Mary had listened in History class.
Did you ever see Him with a distant look on His face as if He were listening to someone you couldn’t hear? I really want to know the answer to this one. Were there times when he was just conversing with the Father on His own?
Did the thought ever occur to you that the God to whom you were praying was asleep under your own roof? I mean He could have been sleeping in her arms and she will pray for grace to take care of Him or something.
Did you ever try to count the stars with Him... and succeed? Considering the fact that he put all the stars in their exact locations
Did He ever come home with a black eye? I hope not
Did you ever scold Him? Can you imagine Mary scolding her savoir? I cannot.
What do you think He thought when He saw a prostitute offering to the highest bidder the body He had made? That will not be a nice sight. To see someone offering up his sanctuary for... I do not even want to think about it
Did you ever accidentally call Him Father? I am very sure when she does, people will look at her as if she is crazy. They will not know the real deal.
Did you ever think, That’s God eating my soup? I know it is funny but think about it. That will be so cool!
Looking at these questions, I am sure you see the point Max Lucado was trying to make with this book. Most times, we have seen Jesus through religious coloured glasses and have forgotten that the Man who we so struggle to be like, was once a man...like you and me. Mr Lucado makes a point when he said, “in becoming man, God made it possible for man to see God”. When the prophecies said His name would be called Emmanuel, it did not mean it like it in passing. They were not saying a religious jargon but it was saying the truth, God was with man... in flesh.
I want you to take time out and look over your life. What is that thing that you are scared to talk to God about? The pain you feel can you just lay at His feet. We are so lucky because we do not have a God who has no clue what it feels to be human. No. We have a High Priest, Jesus who understands our weaknesses. How does he understand it? It is so easy; he faced all of the same tests and trials we do. So what are you waiting for? Let us go boldly towards the throne of grace and obtain mercy and we will find grace to help us when we need it the most.
If you have not read God Came Near, go get your copy. Let us take this journey together and see how the Word became flesh.
Selah.

2 comments:

Harry said...

Please comment

DarLyn said...

hmm.. interesting thoughts.
But then I wonder too.